Crockpot Beef Stew with Vegetables
1 large onion, coarsely chopped
3 rutabagas, peeled and cubed (about 1 inch cubes)
3 carrots, medium sliced
2 cups celery stalks cut into 1 inch pieces, including some leafy tops
2 bay leaves
3 lbs. lean stew meat, cut into 2-inch cubes
4 TBSP herb mix (recipe below)
6 cloves garlic, crushed
1 can 5 oz tomato paste
1 can 14 oz diced tomatoes
1 TBSP Franks Hot Sauce
2 TBSP Coconut Aminoes
2 cups low-sodium beef broth
1 TBSP mustard
1. In a large crock pot, place the onion, rutabagas, carrots, celery stalks and bay leaves to the bottom as your first layer. Mix the stew meat with the herb mix and place on top of the vegetables.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Pour over the meat and vegetable mixture.
3. Cook on medium for 8 hours.
4. Freezes for a great busy night left-over.
4 TBSP each of:
No Salt Seasoning (Costco Brand or Mrs. Dash work well)
2 TBSP Italian Herb Blend
1 tsp black pepper (optional)
1. Add all ingredients to a jar with a tight-fitting lid, shake well..