Cauliflower is a nutrient dense vegetable that is a great replacement for rice. While Cauliflower rice doesn’t work as a substitute for rice in every recipe it will work as a substitution in any recipe that calls for serving over a bed of rice and can be used used in many different ways. This is a delicious side dish as fried rice. For a complete meal add in some cooked chicken, steak or lean ground beef.
Fried Rice Style Cauliflower
2 large Cauliflower
2 Red Bell Pepper
2 Tbsp Coconut Oil
1 Tbsp Coconut Aminoes
1 Yellow onion, chopped
2-3 Omega 3 Eggs, beaten
For seasoning suggestions: add in herb mix, granulated garlic, granulated onion and pepper to taste.
- Wash and cut raw cauliflower, carrots and pepper into medium size pieces.
- Shred cauliflowers, carrots and pepper in food processor.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt the coconut oil.
- Mix and fry the vegetables with the coconut aminoes in the melted oil for 5-7 minutes on medium high heat.
- In another skillet with 1 Tbsp melted coconut oil, stir in the chopped onion and the 2 beaten eggs. Stir and cook until eggs are done. Add the onions and eggs to vegetables. Add in seasonings of choice and maybe more coconut aminoes to taste.