This delicious dish is a favorite with both children and adults. Tastes even better served the next day as leftovers.
1 small Chipotle Pepper, chopped
1 teaspoon Adobo Sauce (from the can of chipotles in adobo sauce)
2 cups Low Sodium Chicken Broth, organic
3 cans Tomato Sauce, 8 ounces, no salt added
2 cloves of Garlic, minced
2 teaspoons Ground Chili Powder
2 teaspoons Ground Cumin
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
4 Chicken Breasts, skinless
1 tablespoon Coconut Oil
1 Yellow Onion, chopped
1 clove of Garlic, minced
1 Green Bell Pepper, chopped
1 teaspoon Dried Oregano
1/4 teaspoon Ground Cumin
1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
1/4 teaspoon Ground Coriander
1/2 cup fresh Cilantro, chopped
1 head Cauliflower, shredded in food processor until rice-like consistency
1. Combine all sauce ingredients in a saucepan. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to low, and let simmer while you prepare everything else.
2. Preheat oven to 350ºF.
3. Simmer chicken breasts in water for about 15 minutes. Remove and shred chicken into pieces. Set aside.
4. Meanwhile, add coconut oil to a large skillet. Cook onion until transparent, 5-8 minutes. Add garlic, bell pepper, and dried spices, cook 3-5 minutes. Add shredded chicken and mix together.
5. Add sauce to the skillet, reserving 1/4 cup for later.
6. Put cauliflower in bottom of baking dish. Add reserved sauce and mix well. (This is the bottom layer of the enchilada).
7. Pour chicken and sauce mixture over the cauliflower. Cover with foil, bake for 30 minutes.
8. Remove from oven and sprinkle with cilantro.
Health Tip: Coriander contains many chemical compounds known to have antioxidants and health promoting properties.