This dinner will be up in no time and is elegant enough to serve when company is over.
Chicken Piccata with Garlic Herbed Asparagus
4 Chicken Breasts, halved
1 teaspoon Onion Powder
1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
1 teaspoon No-Salt Seasoning
1 teaspoon Black Pepper
1/4 cup Coconut Flour
2 tablespoons Lemon Juice
1/2 cup White Wine
1 tablespoon Capers
2 tablespoons Coconut Oil
Garlic Herb Asparagus:
1.5 pounds Asparagus, trimmed
2 tablespoons Coconut Oil, melted
2 tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
1 tablespoon fresh Dill, finely chopped
1 tablespoon Italian Parsley, finely chopped
5-8 cloves of Garlic, finely minced
Pepper, to taste
Directions for Chicken Piccata:
1. Rinse chicken breasts, and pat dry.
2. In a separate bowl mix together onion powder, garlic powder, no-salt seasoning, and black pepper and set aside. Dredge the breasts in coconut flour and sprinkle with spices.
3. Mix together lemon juice, wine, and capers.
4. In a large skillet heat coconut oil to medium. Add coated chicken breasts and let sear for 2-3 minutes on each side. Pour in the wine mixture and let cook about 10 minutes, until chicken is no longer pink in the center, turning once.
Directions for Garlic Herb Asparagus:
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Arrange asparagus on the cookie sheet evenly.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients. Pour over the asparagus to coat evenly.
3. Roast for 10-15 minutes, until tender and brown in some spots. Serve warm.
Health Tip: Powdered or granulated spices are a great way to get the combined health and anti-inflammatory benefits of multiple herbs at once.