Citrus Salmon with Spinach Walnut Pesto
1 1/2 pounds of Alaskan Salmon Fillets
2 teaspoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 teaspoons freshly grated Orange Zest
Spinach Walnut Pesto
2 cups Baby Spinach
1 cup of fresh Italian Parsley
2/3 cup Walnuts, toasted
2 cloves of Garlic
1 TBSP Salt Substitute
1/4 cup of fresh Lemon Juice
2 TBSP Water
1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Arrange the salmon in a baking dish.
- Rub the fillet with the olive oil and orange zest.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until the fish flakes easily when pricked with a fork.
- Serve each fillet with a spoonful of the pesto.
- Place the spinach, parsley, walnuts, garlic, and salt substitute in a food processor. Process until finely chopped.
- Add the lemon juice, water and olive oil.
- Process until the pesto is thick and smooth.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Health Tip: Salmon is a great source of protein and is loaded with Omega-3s which have been shown to reduce inflammation.