Coconut Curry Stir-Fry
1/2 12 oz Can Coconut Milk
1 1/2 tsp Curry Powder
1 tsp Turmeric
1 tsp Grated Ginger
Juice of 1/2 Lime, about 2 tsp
1 tsp Coconut Amino
Hot Sauce, to taste
1 1/2 Tbsp Coconut Oil
1 lb Chicken, cut in thin slices
1/2 Medium Onion, chopped
2 Cups Broccoli
1 Cup packed Fresh Spinach
Fresh Lime Juice, to garnish
Thai Basil or Green Onion, to garnish
1. Prepare the sauce by mixing together the coconut milk, curry powder, turmeric, grated ginger, lime juice, and coconut amino. Set aside.
2. Heat 1 Tbsp coconut oil over medium high heat. Stir-fry the chicken in a hot heavy skillet or wok, stirring frequently. Add a splash of water occasionally so that you are both stir-frying and steaming. Remove the chicken from the wok, set aside, reheat the wok and stir-fry the onion with 1/2 Tbsp coconut oil for about 2 minutes.
3. Add the broccoli and stir-fry another 3 minutes, again adding water as necessary.
4. Return the chicken to the wok, add the coconut curry sauce and the spinach and cook until the spinach is just wilted and the whole preparation is hot, about 2 minutes.
5. Garnish with fresh squeezed lime juice and Thai basil or green onion.
Health Tip: Turmeric has powerful anti-inflammatory effects that fight inflammation at a molecular level, and it is a very strong antioxidant that can neutralize free radicals.