This light and refreshing dinner is so quick to prepare and grills up fast. Double the Avocado Green Salsa and use throughout the week as a dip, spread, or dressing.
Grilled Scallops with Cucumber, Cherry Tomatoes, and Avocado Green Salsa
1 1/2 pounds large Sea Scallops (about 20)
3 tablespoons Coconut Oil
1 teaspoon Salt Substitute
1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
2 tablespoons fresh Lime Juice
3/4 Cucumber halved lengthwise, cored, seeded, and thinly sliced
2 tablespoons Shallots, thinly sliced
1/4 cup fresh Cilantro, chopped
1-2 teaspoons fresh Jalapeño, finely chopped, including seeds
1/2 cup Cherry Tomatoes, halved
Avocado Green Salsa:
5-8 Tomatillos, husked and rinsed
1 Serrano Chile, seeded (optional)
1 clove of Garlic
1/4 cup Sweet Yellow Onion, sliced
1/4 cup Cilantro leaves (just grab some, no need to measure)
Salt substitute, to taste
1. Toss scallops with 1 tablespoon oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt substitute, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a bowl, then thread 4 scallops onto each skewer. Prepare grill for cooking over high heat.
2. Oil grill rack, then grill scallops, turning over once, until just cooked through, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate and cool slightly.
3. While scallops cool, combine in medium bowl of lime juice, cucumber, shallots, cilantro, cherry tomatoes, jalapeño (to taste), and remaining 2 tablespoons of oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt substitute, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
4. When scallops are cool enough to handle, add to cucumber mixture, tossing to combine.
5. Meanwhile put tomatillos, chile, garlic, and onion in blender and pulse until vegetables begin to breakdown. Add cilantro, avocado, and salt substitute and continue to pulse until salsa is blended. Serve on side of scallops.
Health Tip: Cilantro, as with most herbs, is great for supporting proper immune function and reducing inflammation.