Delicious served on steamed spinach or spiraled zucchini, this no fuss chicken is tender, lemony, and delicious.
Lemon Garlic Chicken
1 Chicken, whole
1 White Onion, sliced
2 cloves of Garlic, peeled
2 Lemons, whole
Black Pepper, to taste
2 tablespoons Italian Blend (2-4 sprigs of each: marjoram, thyme, rosemary, savory, sage, oregano, basil), minced
1. Line the bottom of the crock pot with sliced onions and garlic.
2. Wash chicken under cold water and then pat dry.
3. In a small bowl add herbs and juice of 1 lemon.
4. Cut the other lemon in half and squeeze the juice all over the chicken.
5. Season the inside and outside of the bird generously with pepper and Italian blend.
6. Place lemon halves inside the cavity of the chicken and place the chicken on top of the onions and garlic.
7. Put the lid on the crock pot and cook on low for 6 hours.
8. Once the chicken is cooked, remove the chicken and place on a plate. Separate all chicken away from the bone and place back in the crockpot with the onions and garlic.
Health Tip: Marjoram is full of antioxidant and anti-microbial properties, helping guard against aging and the chronic disease process.