This is a great dish to make at the end of the week when you need to clean out the refrigerator. Throw in any variety of vegetables and don’t forget to include those leafy greens like spinach, kale, or rainbow chard.
Meat and Veggie Frittata
1 tablespoon Coconut Oil
10 Omega-3 Eggs
2 tablespoons Onion Powder
2 tablespoons Garlic Powder
2 teaspoons Cayenne Powder (optional)
Pepper, to taste
1/4 cup Water
1 cup Zucchini, small diced
1 cup Broccoli, chopped
1/2 cup Onion, small diced,
1/2 cup Bell Pepper, small diced
1/2 cup Asparagus, small diced
1-1 1/2 pounds Ground Lean Meat (cooked)
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease a 9×13 glass pan with coconut oil.
2. Thoroughly mix the eggs, onion powder, garlic powder, cayenne powder, pepper, and water in a large bowl; set aside.
3. Layer the diced vegetables on the bottom of the greased pan. Layer the cooked lean ground meat on top of the vegetables.
4. Pour the egg mixture over the vegetables and meat, getting most cracks and sides filled in with the mixture.
5. Cook for about 30-40 min., checking areas with a toothpick to see if it comes out clean. Once done, let cool and cut into 3×3 or 4×4 squares.
Health Tip: Broccoli contains sulforaphane, which has been shown to be a powerful health agent that may help prevent and fight cancer.