This meal is very versatile. Try enjoying on a chilly morning in place of the traditional breakfast. It also can be warmed up and taken to work in a thermos when you want to enjoy a hot mid-day treat. It freezes easily and can quickly be warmed up for a quick meal on a busy day.
Salsa Chicken Vegetable Soup
6 Chicken breast halves, cut in half
6 Tbsp Herb Mix
½ tsp Pepper
2 Bay Leaves
1 chopped Onion
64 oz low sodium Chicken Broth
2 Cups each carrots, broccoli and cauliflower, cut into bite size pieces
1/3 Cup Coconut Aminoes
2 Cups Salsa ( low sodium, no sugar added)
1. Rinse chicken breast pieces and place in a large stock pot.
2. Add 3 Tbsp herb mix, pepper, bay leaf and onion.
3. Pour in the chicken broth along with 2 cups of water, more if needed to completely cover chicken breasts. Bring to a boil and simmer for 20 minutes.
4. Remove chicken pieces and place on cutting board. Add in the cut up vegetables, coconut aminoes and remaining 2 Tbsp of herb mix.
5. Simmer for 5-7 minutes depending on how well you like your vegetables cooked.
6. Meanwhile cube chicken breasts into bite size pieces and add back into soup when vegetables are done.
7. Stir in the salsa and more pepper to taste.