Slow Cooked Chicken Lettuce Wraps with Pineapple Salsa
2 1/2 pounds Chicken Breasts, boneless and skinless
3 tablespoons Coconut Aminos
2 tablespoons Tomato Paste
1 teaspoon Honey
1 tablespoon Water
1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
1 teaspoon Ground Ginger
Butter Lettuce (or other lettuce such as romaine) Leaves for wrapping
1 cup Pineapple, unsweetened canned, chopped
2 tablespoons Cilantro, finely chopped
2 tablespoons Red Onion, finely chopped, soaked in water for 10 minutes
2 tablespoons Red Bell Pepper, finely chopped
1 Serrano Pepper, seeded and finely chopped
Juice from 1 lime
2 teaspoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Directions for Chicken:
1. Place the chicken breasts in a large slow cooker.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the coconut aminos, tomato paste, honey, water, garlic powder, and ginger.
3. Pour the sauce over the chicken and toss to coat. Cook on high for 3 hours until chicken is cooked and pulls apart easily.
4. Shred the chicken with two forks.
Directions for Salsa:
1. In a medium bowl, combine pineapple, cilantro, onion, bell pepper, Serrano pepper, olive oil, and lime juice.
2. To serve, wrap the chicken in lettuce leaves and top with salsa.
Health Tip: Pineapple contains proteolytic enzymes that can help with scar tissue, chronic pain and improve digestion.