Spaghetti Squash becomes a versatile filling for many dishes and is a great alternative to pasta. To preheat the squash for easier cutting, poke a few holes with a knife and microwave for about 4 minutes per pound.
1 medium size Yellow Spaghetti Squash
1 tablespoon Coconut Oil
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Wash spaghetti squash and cut in half lengthwise.
2. Grease cookie sheet with coconut oil and add a bit of water just to cover the bottom of the sheet.
3. Place spaghetti squash halves side by side, face side down on to the cookie sheet.
4. Bake until desired doneness, usually 25-30 minutes, depending on the size of the squash and the taste preference.
5. When squash is done, remove from oven and let it cool for a few minutes. Using paper towels or a hot mitt, hold squash and scoop out seeds and pulp. Discard.
6. Using a fork, scrape spaghetti squash contents into a bowl. As you scrape it out, it will resemble spaghetti.
*Option: Great served with spaghetti sauce.
Health Tip: Spaghetti squash is high in B vitamins, potassium, and antioxidants and can help with weight loss while being much healthier than wheat and grain spaghetti alternatives.