Perfect for Thanksgiving!
I love the smells of Fall! The leaves piled on the ground, wood smoke rising above the chimneys, warm wool coats and scarves, gently roasting squash or apples and the amazing combination of Fall spices that hit your nose the minute you walk through the door. Our Spiced Pumpkin Pudding Cups make a wonderful Fall dessert, perfect for any of your holiday company or just a special treat for you!
Spiced Pumpkin Pudding Cups
Virgin Coconut Oil, for greasing the ramekins
¾ Cup Pure Pumpkin Puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
½ Cup Canned Coconut Milk (full fat)
1 large Omega-3 Egg, beaten
1 Tbsp plus 2 tsps Honey
20 drops Liquid Stevia
2 Tbsp Arrowroot starch
1 Tbsp Ground Cinnamon
½ tsp Ground Ginger
¼ tsp Ground Cardamom
¼ tsp Salt Substitute
Chopped walnuts, for garnish (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Lightly grease 4 small (3½ – inch diameter) ramekins with coconut oil.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together all ingredients, except walnuts, until smooth.
4. Divide the batter evenly between the 4 oiled ramekins.
5. Place on a baking sheet.
6. Bake for about 25-30 minutes until slightly puffed and just firm to the touch around the edges. (It’s okay if the centers still jiggle a bit)
7. Cool completely, then cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
8. Serve chilled, garnished with walnut if desired. Store pudding cups in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
Remember: if you are committed to losing weight or reducing fasting blood sugars, partake of these higher carb recipes sparingly. While they are made with healthy ingredients their higher carb content may slow up weight loss and reduction of blood sugars.