Stuffed Acorn Squash
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 1 ½ hours
3 Acorn squash, cut and cleaned
1 Tbsp coconut oil
½ onion, small diced
1.25 lbs ground turkey
3 ribs of celery, diced
¾ Cup fresh/frozen cranberries (not dried)
½ Cup hazelnuts, crushed
2 tsp fresh thyme leaves + more for garnish
- Cut squash pole to pole and scoop out the seeds and stringy bits.
- Place squash cut side down into roasting pan and fill pan with ¼ inch of water. Roast for 40 mins in 350 degree oven or until squash begin to soften, this will vary depending on the size of the squash.
- Meanwhile, Place 1 tablespoon of oil in sauté pan. Add onion and cook until translucent, 8-10 mins. Add Turkey, season with pepper and brown meat 5-8 mins. Add Celery, Cranberries and thyme and cook 10 mins. Add hazelnuts and remove from heat.
- Take out the squash and drain access water. Fill squash with the stuffing and cook an additional 25 mins or until squash is cooked all the way through and the stuffing begins to turn a golden brown.
- Garnish with fresh cracked black pepper and fresh thyme leaves.