Chocolate and Almond Butter Fudge
Servings: Makes about 12-15 pieces
1/2 Cup Coconut Oil, melted
1/2 Cup Cocoa Powder
½ Cup Coconut Cream
1/4 Cup Honey
1/2 tsp Vanilla
½ Cup Chopped Nuts of Choice, I used walnuts
Second Layer (optional): (or just add another layer of the above chocolate recipe.)
1/2 cup Almond Butter
1/4 cup Coconut Oil
2 tbsp. Honey (to taste)
1 tsp. Cinnamon (optional)
1/2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
2 tbsp. Coconut Cream
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spread the nuts in a single layer on a large baking sheet and bake 5 – 8 minutes or until fragrant. Set aside.
3. Prepare an 8 x 8 inch baking dish by lining with foil (extend 2 edges with enough foil to use as handles so you can remove fudge from pan) and spray with coconut oil or spread melted coconut oil around. Set aside.
4. In a small sauce pot, melt the cocoa, coconut cream, honey, and coconut oil over low heat, stirring until completely smooth.
5. Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla, and nuts. Pour into prepared pan and place uncovered in fridge for 1 hour or until set.
6. If you want to make the second Almond Butter layer: Melt and combine the second layer ingredients in small sauce pan over low heat and add the second layer to the hardened first layer. Let second layer set for 1 hour or until firm.
7. Remove fudge from pan by using the foil as handles and cut with a very sharp knife into 1 inch squares.
8. Store in the refrigerator. Fudge is best if not left out of the refrigerator for more than 15 minutes.
Total time: 2 hours (for freezing) 15 mins