Shrimp cooks up in a flash and is an excellent option for those busy weeknights. Keep a bag of frozen shrimp on hand as a quick way to add protein to a number of dishes
Shrimp Skillet with Sautéed Garlic Spinach
1 tablespoon Coconut Oil
2 cloves of Garlic, minced
8 ounces fresh Spinach, stems removed
1 tablespoon Salt Substitute
1 tablespoon water
Juice of 1/2 Lemon, optional
Directions for Spinach:
1. Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat.
2. Sauté garlic for about 30 seconds.
3. Stir in spinach with salt substitute, add 1 tablespoon of water.
4. Cover and steam for about 30 seconds or until done to taste. Sprinkle with lemon juice, if using.
2 pounds Raw Shrimp, peeled, tail on
1 teaspoon Coconut Oil
6 large cloves of Garlic, minced
Herb Mix and Pepper, to taste
1 teaspoon fresh Parsley, to garnish
Directions for Shrimp:
1. Rinse shrimp under cold water and remove tails if desired.
2. Heat 1 teaspoon coconut oil in skillet on medium heat.
3. Add half of minced garlic and sauté for 30 seconds.
4. Add half of shrimp, sprinkle with herb mix and pepper, to taste and sauté with garlic for 3 minutes. Turn shrimp and cook for another 2 minutes.
5. Repeat steps 2 through 4; then top over sautéed spinach.
6. Garnish with fresh parsley.
Health Tip: Pepper is a good source of vitamin K and antioxidants, important for digestion and absorption.