Smoked paprika is one of the key ingredients in the bold flavors of this soup. We love the depth it adds to many dishes and find ourselves reaching for it often.
Southwestern Zucchini Soup
2 tablespoons Coconut Oil
1 small Onion, chopped
3 cloves of Garlic, minced
1 teaspoon Cumin powder
3 cups Zucchini, chopped into small pieces
4 cups Low Sodium Broth – chicken, beef, or veggie
2-3 tablespoons Green Chiles or Jalapeños, finely chopped, fresh or canned
1 teaspoon of Chili Powder
1 cup Coconut Milk
1 teaspoon of Smoked Paprika
1/4 cup Cilantro, finely chopped
3 tablespoons fresh Lemon or Lime Juice
Pepper, to taste
Avocado slices for garnish
1. Sauté onion in oil, until translucent and starting to brown. Add minced garlic and cumin powder and sauté another minute or two.
2. Add chopped zucchini and yellow squash, and sauté for 3-4 minutes to soften.
3. Add broth and green chiles/jalapeños. Cover and bring to a boil. Once it comes to a boil, turn off heat, leave lid on, and allow flavors to meld for 10 minutes.
4. Add milk, chili powder, smoked paprika, cilantro, lime/lemon juice, and pepper to taste.
5. Serve immediately. Garnish with avocado slices.
Health Tip: Paprika can help with complexion, hair, and eye health.