This is a perfect soup to have while the weather is cold! Enjoy.
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 small Onion, chopped
- 2 Carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 stalks Celery, diced
- Himalayan Salt and Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Fresh Thyme
- 4 cups Chicken Stock, or broth
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
- 2 cups Cauliflower Rice
- 2 cups Canned Coconut Milk, full fat
- 1/4 cup Fresh Flat-Leaf Parsley
- Heat oil in a large soup pot. Add the onion, carrot, and celery. Cook for 5-8 minutes, or until the vegetables begin to soften. Season with Himalayan salt and pepper (if desired) and stir in the thyme.
- Pour in the chicken stock and add the bay leaf. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a low simmer. Add the whole chicken breast. Cover and simmer 15 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove the chicken from the pot and use two forks to separate it into shreds. Discard the bay leaf.
- Return the shredded chicken to the pot, along with the cauliflower rice. Simmer 5 minutes, until the cauliflower is cooked. Stir in the coconut milk and parsley and cook until warmed through. Season with salt and pepper to taste.