Spring is a great time for picnics. You can take this grain and dairy free tabbouleh salad to enjoy while you sit outside in the sun!
- about 4 cups cauliflower rice
- 1-2 T olive oil
- 2 cups cucumber, diced
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 cups fresh Italian flat-leaf chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup sliced thinly green onions
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped mint
- kosher salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin (to taste)
- optional: cayenne pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 F. On a lined baking sheet, mix the cauliflower rice with a little olive oil. Spread out in a single layer. Bake for about 30 minutes, stirring halfway through. The cauliflower should be toasted. Let cool.
- To make the dressing, add all ingredients to blender or food processor. If you don’t one of those, mince the garlic first and then whisk together all ingredients in a bowl. Set aside.
- Once the cauliflower has cooled, mix salad ingredients together. Toss with dressing.
- Add kosher salt and pepper to taste!
Enjoy! This salad serves 4.