A classic favorite calls for a makeover with the use of homemade mayonnaise, eliminating inflammatory oils and preservatives. For alternative flavors, try adding in hot sauce or fold in some pesto.
Tip: The freshest eggs are extremely difficult to peel. Take your next dozen eggs from the store and let them hang out in your refrigerator a few days before you hard boil them.
6 Omega-3 Eggs, hard-boiled
5 tablespoons Mayonnaise (see recipe)
2 teaspoons Spicy Brown or Dijon Mustard
1/4 teaspoon Herb Mix (see recipe)
Paprika, to garnish
1. Slice the eggs in half. Remove the yolks and place in mixing bowl.
2. Mash the yolks with a fork. Stir in the mayonnaise, mustard, herb mix, mix until creamy.
3. Spoon the yolk mixture back into the hollows in the egg whites. Sprinkle with paprika to garnish.
*Option: Spice up eggs with 2 1/2 teaspoons minced onion and 5 drops of Tabasco.
1 Egg Yolk
1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
1/4 teaspoon Powdered Mustard
Herb Mix, to taste (see recipe)
1 cup Olive Oil (Optional: Avocado, Walnut Oil or a mixture between the three)
1. In mixing bowl, whisk together egg and mustard powder. Mix for 15-20 seconds, until thick and smooth.
2. Continue to whisk, VERY slowly pour in oil. When it begins to thicken, slowly add in the lemon juice little bits at a time, along with alternating pouring in the oil, whisking the entire time to obtain thick mayo like consistency.
*Store Mayonnaise in refrigerator for up to one week.
1/2 cup Organic, No-Salt Seasoning
1/2 cup Granulated Garlic
1/2 cup Granulated Onion
1/3 cup Italian Herb Mix
1. Mix well and store in a sealable container.
Health Tip: Most herbs and spices contain powerful anti-inflammatory and disease fighting chemicals.